We provide screening and evidence based treatment for feeding issues.
Common feeding issues include:
- Food refusal
- Food selectivity
- Disruptive mealtime behaviours
We aim to increase food intake and decrease refusal behaviours.
Common treatment goals:
- Increase the range of food groups
- Increase the level of food textures
- Increase the participation in family mealtimes
- Develop oral motor skills
- Decrease disruptive mealtime behaviours e.g. aggression, SIB, crying
- Web based initial consultation
- Home based feeding observation
- Individualised treatment programme
- Treatment programme tailored to therapy hours
- Parent training
- ABA tutor training (if applicable)
We use a behavioural approach to feeding therapy because it is the most empirically supported (Kerwin, 1999).
Feeding disorders are often multifactorial: they start in different ways. We support the involvement of a multidisciplinary team of Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Thearpists, Gastroenterologists and Dieticians.
For more information or to arrange a consultation please email email@example.com